We have a couple exciting milestones this month:
In commemoration, here are some updated goals for the rest of 2014:
1. A couple months ago Alice and I set a goal to paddle together 15 times before I left for Europe. It's pretty ambitious since Alice is leaving for a month on Friday. So far we've done 7 in 2014 (Berkeley, Red Rock, Estero Americano, Out-the-Gate, Whiskeytown Lake, Lewiston Lake, Sea Glass Beach). We have some upcoming paddles but we'll definitely be cutting it close!
2. Paddle 100 miles before leaving on my roadtrip (described below). This will be easy since I'm already at 85...
3. Paddle in 10 new places in 2014, including at least once in the Netherlands.
4. Get involved in sea kayaking in the Netherlands.
- Mendocino Coast: sea caves, waves, and crystal clear water
- Humboldt lagoons
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
- Whitewater somewhere near Portland
- Somewhere in Seattle
- San Juan Islands - San Juan Island and Orcas Island
- Fish Trap Lake near Spokane, WA
- Apostle Islands, Lake Superior, WI
- Pictured Rocks, Lake Superior, MI
- Sleeping Bear Dunes, Lake Michigan, MI
- Irondequoit Bay in Rochester, of course :)
- Cayuga Lake in Ithaca, of course