- Greatest distance traveled: Jihane demonstrated how to get the most kayaking mileage possible by zigzagging (can we call it switchbacking?) across the canal. The little solo boats did not want to track straight, preferring to cause many bumper-kayak situations along the way. The tandem kayaks seemed to do a bit better...
- Speediest kayakers: Bram and Emily win for speediest boat!
- Most competitive: Willem and Crespo win for their numerous races.
- Most energy efficient: Doris wins for most miles covered relative to strokes paddled, thanks to her husband's manpower in the back of the tandem kayak :)
- Most analytical: This one goes to Raquel for being so focused on improving her kayaking form and being very receptive to my "tips" :)
And with that, I leave you with some more pictures!
Thanks to Katrien for sharing photography responsibilities :)
Duration: 2 hours
Distance: 5.8 km (3.6 miles)
Weather: Super hot (32 degrees?) and sunny