Stay tuned this summer for a resurgence in posts! I hope to post casually every few days with anecdotes, photos, and of course, kayak posts. I recently purchased a tablet, so I'll be posting updates from the road. The posts won't be as detailed as usual, so expect more of a stream-of-consciousness.
Subscribe to get weekly email updates during our trip!
Or contact me and I can add your email address to the list.
I'm hoping to paddle at least once in each country:
Norway - the Western Fjords and the Lofoten Islands with Bailey
Belgium - near Antwerp with Emilia
Portugal - the Algarve with Henk Jan, Emily, and Brian
Spain - North Coast and Barcelona with Emily and Brian
Ireland - Maybe a quick dip in Dublin with Emily
France - Provence and Les Calanques in Marseille with Emily and Alice
Switzerland - Maybe another paddling trip on a mountain lake with Henk Jan, Emily, and Sara
Italy - Cinque Terre, Sardinia, and Corsica with Emily
If you happen to know of good sea kayak rental companies in (or near) any of these regions, please let me know. It's hard to find quality sea kayaks for rent.
A lot has gone into organizing this trip, including:
- the most ridiculous spreadsheet you've ever seen
- researching and booking places to stay for all ~82 nights of the trip
- more than 35 flights and 5 rental cars
- at least 10 planning calls
- Emily finishing her master's thesis super speedily and me quitting my job in California
- quitting coffee (so I wouldn't have to worry about finding some every morning)
- learning how to drive standard cars (cheaper car rentals) -- taking Dutch driving lessons
- taking French classes at TU Delft to brush up!